Apart from what Matthew already said, to answer the general question:
Yes. You can have the following in your admin module config:

return array(
    'router' => array(
        'routes' => array(
            'admin' => array(
                'type' => 'literal',
                'options' => array('route' => '/admin'),
                'may_terminate' => true, // if you want to allow this
            )
        ),
    )
);

and then in your other modules:

return array(
    'router' => array(
        'routes' => array(
            'admin' => array(
                'child_routes' => array(
                    // …
                )
            )
        ),
    )
);

Those configs will eventually be merged by the module manager.

--
Ben Scholzen 'DASPRiD'
Community Review Team Member | m...@dasprids.de