> We're down to the last few pull requests and issues before we're ready
> to tag 2.3.0. If you can, I'd really appreciate it if you'd test your
> apps against the develop branch of ZF2 ("dev-develop" or "~2.3-dev" if
> you use composer), and let us know ASAP if you see any show stoppers.
>
> Thanks in advance, and here's hoping to a smooth 2.3.0 rollout!

I promise I'm not trying to create another PHP version number debate -- just
reporting my results. I'm running the current LTS version of Ubuntu and using
standard packages -- I imagine that's a fairly common situation. I tried to
install 2.3 on my test server to see how my application would behave, and
Composer refused because my PHP version is too old. This surprised me since
discussions about version requirement changes suggested that the framework was
keeping to a fairly conservative course -- I must have missed something.

Anyway, please let me know if I'm mistaken about requirements or if the base
version was bumped higher than intended... and again, I'm not trying to stir up
old battles. Just facing the reality that, while I am eager to take advantage
of new PHP language features, and I'm willing to step outside of standard
packages for my own personal use, I'm also managing a project that is used by
many institutions with conservative server policies who simply aren't going to
move past PHP 5.3.3 for some time... so I'm probably going to have to stick
with ZF 2.2.x for the moment.

- Demian