On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 01:21:12PM +0300, Ilmari Karonen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Shouldn't that rather be
>
>   use constant NOTHING => ();

yes, I noted that as well (but for some reason I forgot to reply to the
list). This one indeed works, until you try to do this:

use constant NOTHING => (),
             FIVE    => 5;

Since () is not a constant (it really is _nothing_ ;) I would not be
surprised if constant.pm would turn it into undef in a future version or
(like currently) treats it as nonexistant.

> so it will return the empty list in list context?  Or one could just
> simply write
>
>   return;
>
> instead.

Yupp. Some people prefer moe-explicit notions, though (similar to:

      never_return_function();
      # never returns, this comment is not neccessary