Piers Cawley wrote:
>I just found a bug in the test program by inspection. See below.

>> Hole 1 -- Get Even (even.pl)
>>
>> Your program reads from a single input file and writes to
>> stdout; you are not permitted to write anything to stderr.

> The test program does not test to see what happens when even.pl is
> called with multiple files as arguments. This all depends on whether
> or not 'reads from a single file' is a restriction (reads from only
> the one file), or a minimum condition (reads from at least one file).
>
> The difference makes quite a difference in terms of program length.

The programs are not required to work with multiple files.

I already say:
The input file may be assumed to exist.
The input file may be assumed to be non-empty.

I would like to further clarify:

Both programs take a file name as the first argument.
If called in any other way (e.g. with 0 or 2 arguments, or with stuff
piped in via stdin), all bets are off: the program may work, may core
dump, whatever, it does not matter.

/-\ndrew.