At 18:46 3/18/02, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>In an attempt to stimulate non-golf threads:
>.. Has Perl ever saved anyone's job? Their life?

I'm not sure if this is qualified.

Many of my fun-usage with perl involving parsing certain file format and
transform it into another format. I use entity relationship diagram from
TCM to create data model. Since its format is just a plain text, it's not
hard to create a parser to produce DDL.

A friend at my office uses Data Architect from Power Designer to create
data model. He then parses the pdm files to create system catalog.

It's certainly fun for me to use perl as an aid tool to support my job
using perl as primary tool: programming.

rgd
--
san->http(www.trabas.com)
{If Linux doesn't have solution, you have the wrong problem}