I meant more that my answer was more "fun" than "useful."  I can't
imagine a reason one wouldn't prefer a loop to an eval.  :-)

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 16:00, Zhuang Li wrote:
> Yes. I think it's both useful and fun. I was thinking something similar
> @[EMAIL PROTECTED] = map{1} @a;

Well... that's not exactly it, but you can implicitly hijack the loop
behavior of things like map and grep, using them in void contexts.  I
think another poster showed a clever way to do that with a map.

The dim solution for perl6 was really interesting though.

Cheers,
Jeff