On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 03:43:54AM -0700, Andrew Savige wrote:

> I wonder if --$| and $|--, very popular in golf, and described
> by japhy as "the magical flip flop variable" at:
>
>  http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.fwp/2002/01/msg1367.html
>
> qualifies as a secret operator?

I have had several requests for adding more obscure constructs (see
https://github.com/book/perlsecret/issues). My rule has been to keep
only the well-known operators, or the ones that had a nickname that
corresponded to their looks, not their function.

Under that rulle, the magical flip-flop wouldn't have fit.

Anyway, I guess others can decide what gets in when the branch merged
into blead.

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 Out of the worst can often come the best.