Last night I installed a IBM 20Gb drive into my Wallstreet II.
Initialized the drive from CD and copied my old drive data back from my
backup SCSI drive. Rebooted it fine, downloaded my mail etc. Powered
off, powered on and it wouldn't (power on), instead of the click
followed by the chime, I get a rapid series of clicks and nothing.
Dismantled and made sure nothing was obviously broken, reasssembled and
still nothing.

Then I tried the key combo with the power button which resets the power
manager (I think?) The power light blinks and the drive sounds like it
spins a few revolutions. Kept this up (ordinary power up afterwards) and
got the machine to power up. Used Tech tool to zap the pram and rebuilt
the desktop (for no good reason).

Powered off/on, same problem. Basically I can get a successful boot
about 1 in 20 times, doesn't seem to matter whether the AC adapter is in
or out. Has anybody had problems with installing a new drive and power
management? I'm going to put the old 2Gb back to see if the problem goes
away.

cheers
Bryan