As a photographer, I find magnetic media to be a non-archival way of storing
data, while CD's or DVD's will last longer than you do.
Video tape does not last and those who are storing their children's younger
years on them, will be disappointed to say the least when they look at them
in fifteen to twenty years.
Tom