I'm having problems getting my Mac PowerBook G-3 (Wallstreet) 300...
recognizing my QueFire CDRW external

The QueFire is the 12X10X32 version. The Card I'm using is NewerTech
FireWire2Go card. I'm running Mac OS 9.2.2 on the PowerBook.

Nothing wrong with my  firewire extensions.  Because the card works fine to
drive my firewire external hard drive.  Same card, same dongle...

The System doesn't even recognize that the CD burner is there.  Nothing
wrong with the CD burner either. When I plug it into my desktop Mac running
OS 9.1 it runs fine.....

Got to be software related, but can't think what.

Ideas??

jf

Also on my key board, the pg down key is loosing its "spring back" or
recoil. It slips down, and when I slip something under it and lift it up it
stays in the up position for awhile, and then drops back down after hard
use. Is there an easy fix, outside of a new keyboard?

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.