> Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:41:19 -0800
> Subject: Re: Wallstreet keyboard problem
> From: John Featherstone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Ah, thanks for the tip. Probably the "spring" weakening. When I lift it I
> feel, or slightly hear something click back in place and then it works fine.
> If springs are replaceable then that is the way to go. Where did you get
> them. Can I buy them from an apple service center. Have never taken keys
> off, so it could be dirty too.
>
> jf
John
Apple will want to sell you a whole keyboard as will most aftermarket
vendors.

Your best bet is to find someone who has a pile of old powerbook parts
lying around, someone fanatical to save a dead keyboard just in case,
someone like the people who subscribe to this list.

I should mention that the detailed instructions I sent for removing the
page-down key are actually for my Thinkpad 560.... The key you are
having trouble with is the down-arrow/page-down key on the lower right
corner of the keyboard?
On my wallstreet that key comes off much the same way (pry one side) but
the little plastic spring washer is yellow. The spring washer is hidden
under a retainer that is part of the keyboard so I can't see how it
could get lost without removing the key.
I don't think the plastic spring is likely to wear out in our lifetime.
I would bet on gunk.
You can grab the spring with tweezers and work it up through the
retainer to clean it.
If you end up needing a replacement I can see if I can find the extras
that some kind soul sent me.
I really can't see how you could lose the spring unless.
Good luck

--
Andrew King
Ann Arbor Michigan