> Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 20:12:17 -0500
> From: Donna Hood Pointer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Disc Burner question
>
> Roxio's Toast allows you to burn those kinds of CD's
>
> Donna Pointer-- iMac, ergo iAm
>
>  lsequeir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (G-Books)
> > Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:49:52 -0500
> > To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (G-Books)
> > Subject: G-Books Digest #573
> >
> > : Disc Burner question
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to persuade a friend to switch over from the "dark side" and
> > she is very interested in an iBook (14", combo drive).
> > She needs to transfer files back and forth to and from a number of
> > windoze using colleagues. I've recommended doing it through e-mail,
> > but some of her friends don't have easy access to e-mail. The next
> > alternative would be to swap CD-RW disks, but then I realize there
> > may be a problem. Since I don't have a Mac with a CDRW built-in, I
> > only ever tried Disc Burner once, and don't have one accessible right
> > now, but I don't recall having the option to burn as ISO9660 or
> > Joliet volume (that would be readable by a windoze machine).
> > I wouldn't want to have to tell her that she needs Toast for that...
> >
> > Can someone enlighten me on this? Is it possible to write
> > pc-formatted cdrw disks with Disc Burner or would she have to buy
> > other software?
> >
> > I'm on digest and this could make a difference on her impending
> > decision, so I'd welcome any replies off-list.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Luis Sequeira
>
> ------------------------------
I've got to agree with Donna on this one. If you can persuade your
friend to part with a little cash, Roxio's Toast 5 they even have
Mac OS X version now it's well worth it. You can find Toast for
less the 100 US dollars.

http://www.us.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=20337880

go to the above URL and that's about as cheap as you'll find it.
Or run your own search on it. I use this soft almost every other
day for burning Audio CD's, MP3's, data backup and my own
system boot CD. Some of the things that come with Toast are
also useful. Making CD's for a PC is also easy with Toast.
If your like me and do not read the instructions, just be sure
you do not have Virtual Memory on when using Toast and
especially CD Spin Doctor that comes with it. Works fine on
my Ti 500. Sorry sending this twice, the mail bounced as I was
using Japanese character set.

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.