>Good stuff. That's what I thought.
>I guess prices are low because these units are probably going out of
>production, maybe because the powerbooks they're for are getting long in the
>tooth; though I would have no problem using a Pismo for another few years at
>least.
I have no connection w/ SmartDisk/VST, except as recipient of their PR,
but since SM took over VST, I suspect the whole FW exp. bay line is on
the way out the door, esp. as Apple no longer build media bay PBs
anymore. MCE has this market wrapped up, I'd say. The Zip is where VST
made most their sales. Apple was an original investor, but I don't know
if they retain any shares in SD.

Cheers,

RD

Remy Davison
Contributing Editor and News Editor, Insanely-Great Mac
<http://www.insanely-great.com> mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
RD's PowerBook page: <http://www.macpowerbook.com>

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.