At 9:25 AM -0600 3/26/02, Dan Lovejoy wrote:
>I can't figure out how to mount my Viking Smartmedia PC Card adapter in
>OS X. I have a Powerbook G3/300 running OS X 10.1. It's very
>frustrating. I'm at the end of my rope. I have two other PC cards which
>work fine, a Cisco wireless card and an OrangeLink Firewire card. Of
>course, neither of them appears on the desktop or anywhere I can
>manipulate them.

I've found that I need to insert the SmartMedia card into the adapter
and then insert the adapter into the computer.  When done using it I
drag the disk to the trash and the adapter ejects.  If I insert the
adapter without the SmartMedia card it isn't seen and also isn't seen
if I insert the SmartMedia card.  I also can't eject it.  I have to
shutdown and manually eject it.  This also holds if I insert the
SmartMedia card backwards (and it's way to easy to forget which way
is right).  If I insert it correctly and then push the button on the
adapter to eject the SmartMedia card while the adapter is in the
computer then the computer freaks out.

This is on a PB5300c running OS 9.1.
--
Clark Martin