><< Gary, if you take a look at those benchmarks for exp. bay devices I sent
>you the URL for, you'll also see that the Ratoc FW card, together with
>the Red/Yellow VST drive, is a little slower than the int. HD on the PB,
>which gives an indication of 1st-gen FW controllers (and the VST drive is
>not a 911).
>
>Cheers,
>
>RD >>
>
>Can we change the subject line on future posts? You're talking less
>expansion
>bay devices than PCMCIA cards here... thanks.
Sorry, yes, but the follow-ups for these questions related to the
performance of FW drives versus exp. bay hard drives and what the
performance hit was. For Listers' interest, here's an excellent
comparative table of the various speeds of exp. bay devices and PCMCIA
drives in 'Books:

<http://www.medicalmac.com/speedE.html>

Cheers,

RD

Remy Davison
Contributing Editor and News Editor, Insanely-Great Mac
<http://www.insanely-great.com> mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
RD's PowerBook page: <http://www.macpowerbook.com>

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.