On 3/31/02 11:30 PM, "dominic "<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> In may im going to be buying a new g4 desktop but lately iv been
> thinking a power book might be an option so I joined the list to ask
> what are the pro's and con's to having a power book against a power book
> besides the obvious of the portability.

I Can't speak from the "professional" side of the house (Powermac Vs TiBook)
but I can tell you about my experience as a consumer user. I have an iMac DV
SE 500, 1 Gig RAM, OS X 10.1.3, Last November I bought an iBook DVD 500 (640
Megs RAM, 10.1.3). I bought it in preparation of my deployment to Kuwait. It
would be much easier lugging it around instead of the iMac.

The iMac was a little snappier, but the convenience of having everything
with me all the time quickly caused me to lose the iMac and  use the iBook
as my main computer. At first I just plugged in my 21 inch monitor into it,
but I kept finding myself using the iBook display instead. It was so much
sharper. Then I ditched the monitor and cleared up a bunch of space on my
desk.

When I return from this deployment, I plan on buying one of the new iMacs,
but I think I will continue to use this iBook as my main computer, and let
my wife have the new iMac (she is still using my Rev. D, 296 Megs RAM,
10.1.3). After all, I will only *need* the new iMac when I want to make a
DVD :)

Walt

--
Think about tomorrow.. only losers ask where do you want to go today..

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.