>This minor annoyance has plagued me on and off for 6 months now on my
>WallStreet, running OS 9.1. I don't know if it is PowerBook or general OS
>related, but I thought I'd try this amazing list first.
>
>I have 3 aliases in my Startup Items folder, but they do not get executed
>every restart - only once every blue moon! I have just restarted 3 times
>this afternoon and only once did any of the startup programs run. Does
>anyone know what is going on and why?
>
>I have done what I usually do in these uncomfortable moments - run Disk
>First Aid, Norton Utilities and rebuild the Desktop file. All to no avail.
>
>The Startup items are an alias to my email program, another to an
>AppleScript that moves my RAM Disk away from the right edge of the screen
>and the third alias to a time tracking program. All the aliases behave
>correctly if I double-click them. The same behaviour (or lack of action)
>occurs if I move 1 or 2 aliases out of the Startup Items folder.
>
>This is not a life or death problem, but it is niggling away at me every
>time I restart.
>
>Anyone else experienced this and can put me out of my misery?

Do you have the Multiple Users extension installed?
Even if you don't actually have the Multiple Users option activated,
try making the extension active (go to the Extensions Manager cp and
make sure it is checked, then restart).  I cannot guarantee it will
work, but it is worth a try.

Luis

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.