> In the near future I plan to upgrade my powerbook to a Titanium G4 Powerbook
> and
> I am wondering those of you who own one if there is a real perceived speed
> difference between the 550MHz and the 667 Mhz systems.  It seems that the
> price
> on the 550 of come down and it seems like a big premimum to pay for only 167
> Mhz.  Unless I am missing something right now the best value seems to be the
> 550
> Mhz model.  I would appreciate any opinions on this matter.

Not a big difference at all, for normal things- if you were doing real time
final cut pro  stuff, it would show up. The real performance boost you'll
see out of either of them would be simply adding the 48gig 5400rpm
travelstar drive.

The 550 has a lot less heat and noise also.

--
Michael Bryan Bell

http://homepage.mac.com/michael_bell/

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.