At 7:48 PM -0500 4/18/02, Gary D. Adams wrote:
>Well, I can tell you the Lucent Turbo Silver Lan card shows up on the desktop
>of my 3400 but is not otherwise detected by the software. I took a chance on
>it. Oh well.

Did you install either the Lucent software or Airport software?  I
set one up on a G3 PowerBook (same basic machine as the 3400).

>gd2 wrote:
>
>>  Slightly OT, but I know many of you have old Powerbook 3400s and 1400s
>>  around:
>>
>>  I'm looking for 802.11 cards for both the 3400 and 1400 so they can join my
>>  Pismo on the wireless network. Whether I've read it in the past or looked it
>>  up once before, I seem to remember that most cards require cardbus compliant
>>  slots, and neither the 1400 or 3400 are cardbus compliant.
>>
>>  So essentially, my question is: Does anyone know of any 802.11 cards that
>  > will work in either of these models?

http://eshop.macsales.com/Item_Specials.cfm?ID=4112&Item=LUC012372A
has a Lucent Silver card for $49.  It is not CardBus.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.