Being a professional photographer also, I think it is important to remember that
digital and film cameras are tools of the trade. Use the right tool for the right
job. One cannot make blanket statements that one is better than the other.

>>I think digital quality has surpassed film.<<

Depends on what you specifically mean by quality. Quality in which characteristic?
If you mean in quality of enlargements, 8x10 film beats digital and any other
film.

>>The images are better,<<

Nope, that has to do with the photographer's eye.

>>the prints are better<<

Not sure what that means but, I'll put the guy who prints my work against man or
machine.

>>the ease of use is better in a million
ways.<<

I agree that the ease of use is better in SOME ways.

These days digital is more appropriate than film in some circumstances, but not
all.

>>The suggestion that digital cameras are only worthwhile for online use is so
absurd.<<

Agreed!

>>What cameras do you think are being used for the photos you see in
TIME, NEWSWEEK & countless other publications?<<

Mostly Nikon & Canon, film & digital.

Both formats have their pluses & minuses. One just has to decide what their needs
are.

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.