Hi G-bookers...

Feeling like the ditz of the century here... please tell me there's a way
around this...

I have an HP-855C printer which I was using with my Performa, and now would
like to be able to print from the Wallstreet '98.  Since the software for
the printer came on two floppies, I copied them in their entirety to the
Performa's HD, and then transferred this HP folder via ethernet to the WS's
HD.

When I tried to install the Printer software on the WS, it got part-way
through and then said "Insert Disk #2" in order to complete installation.
Well, naturally, since I do not have a floppy drive on the WS, there was no
way I could do this.  (Neither do I have a zip drive nor CDRW on the WS).

Am I SOL as far as using this printer/installing its software on the WS?

And, btw, the same exact thing occurred when trying to install Stuffit
Deluxe (which also came on floppies) using the same process as described
above, i.e., got halfway thru installation and it said, "Insert Dist #2." :(

Any suggestions/education would be greatly appreciated.  I was trying to
"wean myself off" the Performa altogether!

Thanks!
Gail

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.