I have three extensions:  FireWire Support, FireWire Enabler, and FireWire
CardBus Enabler. From reading the Apple site today, the last one is specific
to the Newer card, so it can be disabled. What I think is happening is that
the iPod recognizes the FW and starts up, but the computer doesn't see
what's on the end of  the FW cable and therefore doesn't mount it. I looked
at Apple System Profiler while I had the iPod plugged in and it was not
listed on the devices and volumes tab - in fact the FW card wasn't either.

--
JSH

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.