Have some of you read the studies on the effects of (self-induced, as in
flame wars that wax vitriolic) stress on the human body? It's not a
positive thing for blood pressure, stomachs, and a few other things.

On 5/10/02 10:06 AM Michael Bryan Bell edified us all by writing:
>You cannot decide that a company should support whatever you like, and then
>say they don't stand behind their product. If you don't get this, I don't

Sure they can! Are we trying to expect people to be rational? The
evidence shows that we do not always act on the basis of reason. But we
can choose to disagree - I do that with my Wintel friends regularly and
often (including the one who asked me what PC to get and then ignored my
recommendations and got a Wintel). We are able (for good/evil/otherwise
reasons, with pleasant/unpleasant consequences) to make any choice we are
physically/financially able to accomplish. So my telling my Wintel-using
friend I think she made less-than-her-best choice (in those or even more
drastic terms) won't necessarily change her mind; depending on how I
phrase it, I could start a feud with her.

I'd rather spend my time stating that "my thoughts/opinion on ... are..."
and I don't need to convince one other person that they _must_ agree with
me.

Flame wars (IMHO) don't usually contribute much useful information ("all
smoke, no fire"?) for those on this list. Now someone saying they had a
bad experience with Linksys tech support or that "If you buy this and
they don't say they'll support it, you're on your own", both give me
information which I can use in deciding what kind of stuff I may/may not
buy.

My double pennies on what has dragged on for (again, IMHO) longer than
necessary. I would hope we can move on, friends. (Or maybe it's the
impending summer, or the phase of the moon, or...)  ;-)

Jim Rohde

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability
for their apparent disinclination to do so.

 - Douglas Adams, "Last Chance to See"

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.