on 13/05/02 20:42, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Before reading the fine print, I won the bid on a set of DVDs from region 4,
> Australia. Does anybody know if my Lombard's DVD player will be able to play
> them?

If you never changed the region set with your drive, then you'll get a
warning that you will have to switch your drive to that region. It should
also mention that you have 5 changes left. On the last region change, your
drive will be permanently locked up to that region.

Now, you could search a little bit and find a software that will unlock your
drive, so that it will play any DVD from any region. You have to be careful
and make sure that you're using the software that is written for the
specific DVD drive in your Lombard. I did this with my Pismo and I don't
worry anymore about regions. My drive is "region-free", as they say.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

BUAG // n.: [abbreviation, from alt.fan.warlord] Big Ugly ASCII Graphic.
Pejorative term for ugly ASCII art, especially as found in sig blocks. For
some reason, mutations of the head of Bart Simpson are particularly common
in the least imaginative sig blocks. See warlording.

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.