While using my Lombard 333 here in India a few days ago, there was some
fluctuation with the power supply, and although two of us had spike
protectors and surge protectors, both of our regular and clock back up
batteries stopped working, although everything had been fine before.  I
don't know what it was that got through all of the protection (India is
having massive power problems since Dabhol has shut down), but it appears
to have fried the charging mechanism.  Can someone tell me what part this
is and how to change it?

Thanks,
James Cox
Post Meherabad