5/31/2002 12:42:18 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Does anyone know how one goes about doing a Powerpoint presentation on a
>video screen from a G3?
>
>I am clueless about this subject and need info ASAP...

If you connect and power-on the projector/monitor prior to booting Mac OS, then your
computer should detect the output device and be capable of utilizing it.  However,
that
does not necessarily mean that you'll immediately be ready to go with an image
onscreen.
When Mac OS detects a secondary video output device, it will reveal additional
configuration options in the Monitors control panel.  These options allow basic
management
of dual displays and panoramic desktops, and the interface is very simple.  Small
graphic
images in the Monitors control panel window show the relative position of your primary
and
secondary (etc.) displays.  For your purposes, you probably want both the big screen
and
your laptop to show exactly the same thing (i.e., no panoramic desktop, just replicate
the
image on the big screen).  If your laptop shows a standard desktop, but the secondary
display shows a blank desktop, simply drag and drop the secondary display icon onto
the
primary display icon in the control panel window.  This is the only snag you're likely
run in to.  If you're using an LCD projector, and all that it's projecting is a black
or
blue screen, and all the above conditions were met, the projector is probably toggled
to a
video or computer input other than the one you're using.  Most LCD projectors have a
MODE
button used to cycle through all available inputs.  Pressing this button will
eventually
switch the projector to the RGB port you're plugged in to.