This still sounds exactly like the grounding braid
problem.  Get a flashlight and look through the
adapter jack in the back of your WS 300.  If you can
see the copper braid, then you might try putting a
piece of electrical tape on just the one side of the
adapter plug where you see the braid, making sure you
keep it in that orientation when you insert it.  Not a
long-term fix, but may help with diagnosis.  A thin
piece of plastic is also said to do the trick.  Don't
know any reason why the adapter or your PMU board
would be bad from your description of the problem.

- Jeff

--- "Matthew D. O'Conner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>