I'm planning to buy a G4 Powerbook but I'm slightly concerned about
the built-in Firewire speed. Tests I've seen show the throughput to
be considerably slower than desktop Macs. I plan to use a large
external Firewire drive for the media when video editing (Avid Xpress
DV for Mac is out this month). Anybody out there using this setup
with FCP? Any comments on performance? I'd like to know before I
spend the money!
--
With best wishes,

Roger Shufflebottom