on 08/06/02 17:17, Laurent Daudelin at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> on 08/06/02 13:46, Michael Bryan Bell at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>>> I just received my new Ti 667 but there does not seem to be any
>>> 'external mic' option in the Sound Control Input panel.
>>>
>>> I seem to remember reading that Apple has changed the sound in port.  Do
>>> I need an adapter?
>>
>> There is a little microphone under one of the speakers on the tibook... To
>> get sound in in another way, yes you have to buy a USB or firewire sound in
>> adapter (this changed on the new models I believe).
>>
>> A long while ago someone was going to be entering a secure environment, and
>> needed to be able to turn off the mic... They were kind of out of luck.
>
> That got me thinking. Wonder why they did remove the sound in but kept the
> microphone. I don't remember, over the last 20 years that I used a
> Macintosh, that I ever used the microphone. Sound in, yes, microphone, no.
> Anybody else?

Let's make it more like 17 years (my first Mac was in 1985).

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Flyspeck 3 n.: Standard name for any font that is so tiny as to be
unreadable (by analogy with names like `Helvetica 10' for 10-point
Helvetica). Legal boilerplate is usually printed in Flyspeck 3.