on 21/06/02 02:13, Walter R Basil at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I guess I am in the minority in that I love those ³definitions² quotes. I
> get the digest mode and I make sure I read every one of them and add some of
> them to my own collection of signatures via the Steal A Sig script.

Walter,

Thanks for your support! I did try to skim the longest ones, though, to try
to keep most people happy.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

code police n.: [by analogy with George Orwell's `thought police'] A
mythical team of Gestapo-like storm troopers that might burst into one's
office and arrest one for violating programming style rules. May be used
either seriously, to underline a claim that a particular style violation is
dangerous, or ironically, to suggest that the practice under discussion is
condemned mainly by anal-retentive weenies. "Dike out that goto or the code
police will get you!" The ironic usage is perhaps more common.