I know this is going to get me in trouble but I can't understand why
Apple Powerbooks have such trouble with hinges. I've set up a number of
5## powerboats for assorted family members and just had the hinges
replaced on my wallstreet. Now I hear that newer model powerbooks may
also have hinge problems.
Don't get me wrong, I do admire the quality of design apparent in Apple
products, I just can't understand why they can't seem to make the hinges
work as well as my Thinkpad (about as old as the Wallstreet) or my
Omnibook (about as old as the 520).

--
Andrew King
Ann Arbor Michigan