Dear Listers,

Back in mid June, there was a thread centering around the use of a
Lombard for captureing VHS movies, editing them, and putting them on
CD.  The Lombard does not have a firewire port, but that didn't stop
us from discussing various options, including the firewire "bridge"
devices, and I did mildly suggest the Eskape Labs "MyVideo" USB
product as viable.

"Michael J. Granado" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>VHS format. There are about 4 tapes, but the
>information is not organized. I would like to basically edit the
>clips and then put them on a CD.

I thus became aware that I am one of many here who are interested in
the goal of VHS to VCD conversion.

Today I was delighted to come across a very useful primer of the
options and process for creating Video CD's.  It's well written,
organized, and within reach of a novice such as me.

Please see
http://www.1984-online.com/Macstuff/tips/makingmovies1.html  I do not
know how long that page will remain, since it was posted in January
of this year; if you value it's comments, you better scribble them
down.

I was interested, in particular, to see the mention of two other
"bridge" devices (aside from the Dazzle product which I do *not*
recommend).  They are the "Formac Studio" and the "Miqlia Director's
Cut".  Has anyone here used either of these two firewire bridges?
With what success?  My personal goal is to convert my voluminous VHS
library.

--Jim.