Michael Bryan Bell wrote:

> Ties into the above, but none of apple's products are doing that great right
> now. Xserve hasn't met expectations (4000 sold, not as much as they
> thought), the educational market is extremely weak for a lot of reasons, the
> iMacs aren't selling that well and tower sales are way, way down.

Uhh, ain't NOBODY in the tech market that's all that happy right now.

We're sliding right on into another dip of recession as the bills in the
  WoT come due, on top of the general investor malaise fed by the
general perception that the whole game's been rigged.

Tower sales are lagging because everyone I know is waiting on a tower
that uses Xserve technology and faster processors.

There's a pent-up demand for new machines, but a whole *lot* of folks
are looking at their IT budgets, chainsaw in hand.

All the pundits in DC are saying otherwise, but the economy ain't on the
way up, not by a long shot. I expect we've got at *least* one, maybe two
more quarters of bad times ahead.

Then again, Apple hit their earnings estimate right on and were savaged
by the market...Intel *missed* theirs, and they're the savior of the
market today. Go figure.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona