Partial Update/partially solved ... in short the original post was that
I couldn't find my Laserwriter Select 360 over an Ethernet setup using
OS 10.1.4 on a Titanium 667 Powerbook.

Never was able to get this to work wirelessly or even wired via ethernet
(under OS X 10.1.5) ... Appletalk is selected and appears to be running,
but when I try to select my printer it always gives me a message that
Appletalk isn't active.  I worked with Apple for quite a while on
this ... updating to 10.1.5 and running various other software updaters
as well.

Also, worked with the support people at Asante (Al is great there)
updating the firmware on the router ... this really had us going for a
while as my internet provider disconnected my account (Mediacom) and
when we finally determined that I was connecting and then getting cut
off after just a few seconds, Al said you'd better talk to your cable
internet provider.  They couldn't answer why I was cut off as I have
only been with them 3 weeks and haven't even received my fist bill.  I
think when I was connected originally, everything was set up to work,
but not all i's & t's were taken care of so they booted me off.
Wireless connection is working fine under OS X, but can't print
wirelessly.

In the end Apple stated that I should nuke and reinstall ... which I'm
not wanting to do at this time.

I was successful in getting to print via ethernet under 9.2.2 so that
will have to work for now.  I'm in hopes that Jaguar OS X 10.2 will take
care of this Appletalk problem.

If anyone else has suggestions to solve this without re-installing OS X,
I'm game ...