On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 12:37:16AM -0400, Scott Moran wrote:
:
: Speaking of memory...how cheap is too much for memory?
: Is it all the same or do some suck less than others?

The major name brands cost more, often twice as much as the off brand.
Lots of people have no problems with the cheaper off brands.  Some folks
have had problems that required replacements.  But I'm sure it's happened
with name brands as well, though probably not as often.  Name brands
often have a lifetime warranty.  Off brands may or may not.  Then it's
up to the dealer for warranty policy (if any).  You're best bet is to
buy from a well-known and well-respected dealer that knows how to take
care of its Mac customers.  Even if you don't buy the more expensive
name brand RAM, good dealers will provide good warranties.

--
Eugene Lee
[EMAIL PROTECTED]