IMHO, the wonderfull "protector" pads aren't all they're marked up to be.

Why? It's simple. If your screen is so close to the keys that closing it
means the keys touch the screen, then what happens when you add a piece of
leather (or a thick chamois) in the mix?  You simply don't have the room in
there for a leather strip, a vinyl pad, etc.. Heck, if you even put a sticky
label on the trackpad area, it'll touch the screen!

So what happens when you put it in there?  You increase the pressure on the
LCD, putting it in tension. Which means that it's more likely to break when
it takes a hit,because it's got no flex room.  THere are two causes for
failure to LCD's.. Either a hit (ie you break it), or flex wear (the LCD
fails internally because it's stressed too much and the LV circuits fail)..

The thought of a sheet of paper is (in my opinion) the best alternative, as
it offers the thinnest protection, without compromising the LCD in any way.

My $.02....

Thanks,
David

     www.ibookparts.com