I've been real happy with Eagle Creek's computer vault.
http://www.eaglecreek.com/travel_accessories/40126.html  Padded. My
Pismo fits with room to spare. Can fit in a few extra files, disks,
magazines, cables, batteries, etc which is useful when I don't want
to tote the briefcase/backpack along. I stitched on a shoulder strap
from another bag. (One could even make a backpack strap rig) Just
slit the seams, insert the webbing (heat seal the end of the
webbing), and stitch away for professional results. Really like the
top load configuration. Makes it impossible for the computer to drop
out of the bag due to zipper failure/zipper operator error.
Found this rig real useful at airport security. Keeps one from
extracting the puter from more complicated luggage, and yet will fit
in large briefcases, travel bags and backpacks...

Their computer safe also looks interesting. Is a little smaller than
the vault, and has attachment rings for a shoulder strap. Side and
top access.
http://www.eaglecreek.com/travel_accessories/40125.html

F.