Original Post ...

> Hi:
>
> In an attempt to get OS X to see my Laserwriter Select 360, I zero'd
> out my HD, partitioned it into 5 gig for OS9 & 25 for OS X and have
> reloaded the OS's.  Unfortunately, when I go to the print center it
> still tells me Appletalk isn't active and won't find my printer.
>
> However, another problem has come up.  Since I reloaded the OS's
> directly and didn't use the software reinstall CD's, now I've lost
> Snapz Pro and Faxstf that was included with the factory install on the
> HD.  Does anybody know how I can dig in and access these items to
> install from the reinstall CD's?
>
> Thanks

Solutions:

#1 - I had an Applications CD enclosed with the set of CD's I rec'd with
the Tibook.  I didn't even notice it until later on ... yes, I'm a dunce.

#2 - Had some ongoing conversation with Tony Jayms (thanks Tony) and we
compared notes on what we had both rec'd with our Tibooks (he indicated
he didn't get an Apps CD).

#3 - Had some suggestions about using (Tomeviewer on sys OS 9, and
Pacifist for view .pkg files on OS X).  The author of Pacifist Charles
Srstka gave me a considerable amount of help in answering questions
about what I was attempting to do ... I can't really vouch for his
software package, but as far as him responding to questions ... he was
great.  I would assume that his software is equally as good as his email
skills.  It is a $20.00 shareware cost for a package that may really
help save the day if you want to do a specific install.

What I did was install Snapz Pro from the Apps CD and upgraded to the
full version from Ambrosia software for $19.00 through their special
Apple bundled upgrade price.

Even though I reinstalled OS 9 and OS X on separate partitions and have
run all updaters, I still am back to my original problem of not being
able to print wirelessly through an OS X 10.1.5/Asante Aerolan setup to
a LaserWriter Select 360.  It tells me Appletalk is enable in my network
prefs, but when I go to find the printer in print center, it tells me
Appletalk isn't active.

Hopefully, Jaguar will take care of this ...

Regards,