on 21/08/02 02:30, Jon Glass at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> on 8/21/02 3:06 AM, Nick at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> I currently print via my Infrared Port to the HP Laserjet 5MP printer.  I
>> tried connecting via the localtalk port on the printer with an AsantePrint
>> Ethernet-to-localtalk bridge.  But it's not working...Pismo does not see the
>> printer.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> I have a Farrallon EtherMac MultiPrinter Adapter, and it doesn't work via
> the built-in ethernet. I have to plug in a PC card and use that with the
> adapter. I assume that is because the adapter somehow cannot negotiate a
> slower connection with my Pismo. I have no idea how these things work, but I
> do know that I need to use a PC card with with the adapter, or it won't
> work.

Then, probably a 10/100 Ethernet hub or switch would do the trick...

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Evil Empire n.: [from Ronald Reagan's famous characterization of the
communist Soviet Union] Formerly IBM,now Microsoft. Functionally, the
company most hackers love to hate at any given time. Hackers like to see
themselves as romantic rebels against the Evil Empire, and frequently adopt
this role to the point of ascribing rather more power and malice to the
Empire than it actually has. See also Borg and search for Evil Empire pages
on the Web.