Re: Pismo/PowerBook hard drive upgrade

I wonder if anyone on list has had this experience upgrading a hard disk on
a Pismo or other PowerBook. I was about to purchase a IBM 48GB hard drive on
ebay from someone with a Pismo who was getting rid of it. Come to find
through an email question to him that he is getting rid of it because it
doesn't work on his PowerBook. Nothing to do with IBM, or his current OS,
but with the electrical "draw" of the hard drive. According to him the specs
for Pismos are 0.5 amperes while the IBM Travelstar 48GB requires a full 1
ampere. I have never seen any discussion of this issue in any of the sites I
have perused about dropping a new 2.5" drive into a Pismo.
Any feedback--BTW, I only receive this list in digest form, so I won't be
able to respond to immediate reactions. Also, this is my first post--I've
been lurking for sometime and have learned a great deal--thanks!
Randall VS