Courtney,

Ahhhhh, see what happens when one walks into a discussion that has been
going on for some time?  Thanks for the clarification.  BTW, you COULD
click on the filename then hit the Return key which then allows you to
edit the filename.

On Wednesday, August 28, 2002, at 10:01 AM, Courtney Simpson wrote:

> Phillip,
>
>       I think something has gotten convoluted along the way.  =)  The
> constant annoyance I was referring to was clicking the file name twice.
>   I think it was Amber who was asking about how to bypass that "Are you
> sure you want to change . . .?" dialog, and I was just commenting that
> running a script would bypass the dialog and that Jaguar did not
> include an option to make the computer stop asking.
>       I didn't know that you could drag Script Menu up to the menu bar
> (although looking at that sentence now, it seems obvious that this is
> the case.) . . .  I have been using Script Runner manually all this
> time, so thanks for letting me know about that!
>
> --Courtney
> On Wednesday, August 28, 2002, at 08:47  AM, Phillip Burk wrote:
>
>> Courtney,
>>
>> Are you running 10.2?  I'm fairly certain this applies for earlier
>> versions but I'm now running 10.2 and don't have another machine handy
>> for reference.
>>
>> If you go to the Applications => AppleScript folder, there is a menu
>> item called Script Menu.menu.  Drag that to your menu bar.  You'll get
>> a little icon that functions as a script launcher.  Open a Finder
>> window containing the files to which you wish to append .html.  Click
>> on the AppleScript menu and choose Finder Scripts => Add to Finder
>> Names.  You'll get a little window prompting you to enter the text you
>> wish to add as a prefix or suffix...
>>
>> You'll probably need to refresh the window by either closing it and
>> reopening it or clicking elsewhere and then back on it.  But the file
>> icons and their extensions should be changed.
>>
>> Also, David, not to pick nits, but if you click on the filename when
>> selecting it in the Finder and THEN click and move on the filename
>> you'll be able to rename it.  Granted, it's TWO clicks, but not
>> three...
>>
>> On Tuesday, August 27, 2002, at 08:11 PM, Courtney Simpson wrote:
>>
>>> First, let me wholeheartedly agree with your rant David.  I rename
>>> files all the time, and this is a constant annoyance.
>>>
>>> Second, I know next to nothing about scripts, but I do know that if
>>> you
>>> use one to modify file extensions, you do bypass that annoying "Are
>>> you
>>> sure?" dialog.  You'd think that the machine would believe me after
>>> thousands of extension changes.
>>>
>>> And for anyone that is wondering, no, Jaguar does not fix this
>>> problem.
>>>   But it will give you a map to Apple Headquarters in Cupertino,
>>> California, should you need to speak to someone personally about this
>>> matter.  =>
>>>
>>> --Courtney

>>> <snip>

> Humor [is] something that thrives between man's aspirations and his
> limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else.
> Because, you see, humor is truth.
> --Victor Borge

> [...]

Phil Burk
Systems Support Technician                                      Wiley Publishing, Inc.
10475 Crosspoint Blvd                                       Indianapolis, IN  46256
317.572.3049 phone                                                   317.572.1049 fax
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]