On 9/5/02 12:55 AM, "Antonio Dini" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd like to share with the list the way I manage power consumption with
> my iBook 500 dual USB with 640 Mb RAM.

Just something little compared to all the great advice Antonio gave...

For those who are using Jaguar, take a look at your Energy Saver preference
(can I say control panel? ;)  ). You will see you can have to separate
preferences, one for when plugged in and one for when you are on battery.
Very very convenient!! Set your power options conservatively for battery
(sleep in 5 minutes, etc) and how you like for plugged in.

Antonio, we bought ours at the same time. Last November. I took advantage of
the price break on the old mid level ibook when the new ones came out, and
also maxed the memory out at 640. I have been very happy with it, and Jaguar
has done it justice.

Walt