On 06/09/02 16:01, "Kent Wieland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm having a very odd problem with my Wallstreet (OS 9.1, 466-g3, 192m)
> displaying characters.  In virtually all of the programs that I frequently
> use, such as Netscape, IE, Dreamweaver, Adobe Imagestyler, certain letters
> won't display.
>
> For example, in Dreamweaver "w" doesn't display in text.  If I print the
> page or view it on the website, the "w" is there but I can't see it on my
> display.  Or sometimes "r's" won't show up.  It seems random and happens to
> virtually every font.  Weird!
>
> I haven't added any software or updated or done anything of significance at
> all to this powerbook in the past few months.  Then, last week, this starts
> happening.  While the problem isn't dramatic, it is frustrating--both in
> terms of viewing and the fact that I can't figure out why this is happening.
> BTW, I've run Norton Utilities, Techtool, etc... to no avail.
>
> Does anyone know what the problem might be?  I'm in digest mode so please
> don't expect any immediate replies.  Thanks for your time.

That is almost certainly related to the system software. There are maybe a
couple of font files that are corrupted. When you start with a system CD, do
you notice the same problem?

-Laurent.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   Washington, DC, USA
GOSMACS /goz'maks/ n.: [contraction of `Gosling EMACS'] The first EMACS-in-C
implementation, predating but now largely eclipsed by GNUMACS. Originally
freeware; a commercial version was modestly popular as `UniPress EMACS'
during the 1980s. The author, James Gosling, went on to invent NeWS and the
programming language Java; the latter earned him demigod status.