I tend to stay away from eBay but that is just me. I prefer to use eBay
to find local buyers to that I can see the item first and look it over.
Look for a good battery, make sure the DVD-ROM drive works as some say
that Pismos have DVD-ROM failure issues, I do not know how common it is
but some say very and it did happen to me ...

General stuff, make sure all the ports are functional, screen is bright
and functional, PCMCIA card slot [which I have never used] works, etc