on 9/10/02 1:40 PM, Robert Dahl at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have the above epson printer and never print in color. I have my
> desktop print monitor set to print black only, but the printer keeps
> giving me the message: "color cartridge out-please install new
> cartridge." Is there any way to get around this? I don't want to
> spend all that money for a cartridge I don't use.
> Thanks,
> Robert
You need buy only one color cart, many generics cheap out there. Even if you
don't use it and it dries up. it will still register full.

Better yet, sell it and get a Laserwriter. They're really cheap now, have
infinitely better printing, lower per page cost, and don't dry out.
A plus, you can use Postsript printing. The quality is much better.
BTW I have a 740, too. People have given me laser printers Free!
--
Mike Amato