A bad block isn't the end of the world, and certainly not the end of your
drive! Different diagnostic tools give varying results, so run another
before doing anything drastic. Not Norton; the word on the street is that it
sometimes messes up more than it repairs. Drive 10, the OS X version of
TechTool, is excellent; even if you're running OS 9, it'll do the job for
you and do it well. DiskWarrior is another I swear by. I use them in tandem:
DW first, then TT.