on 9/10/02 16:01, (G-Books) at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> Just a thought (regarding your comments below):  Keep in mind that you
>> could
>> most likely arrange to have something shipped to a fellow (and
>> agreeable)
>> list member, (like me, or anyone else who's willing to help out), who
>> could
>> then re-ship the purchased item over to you... Probably wouldn't add
>> too
>> much cost to the shipping process, and wouldn't take that long.
>>

> I concur, and would like to add that anyone outside the states on this
> list feel free to contact me if you ever run into a situation like
> this. I would be more than happy to help a fellow lister out. I only
> ask that whoever it is agrees to pay/reimburse the shipping charges.
>
> Walt

That's a super offer and great to know. I will definitely keep it in mind.
There have been a number of times that I would have gone ahead with a
purchase on ebay or from Smartdisk, for example, if only shipping outside
the US had been available and/or cheaper.
e.g. the recent super prices on Smartdisk peripherals and expansion bay
drives for powerbooks: shipping in the US was free vs. $50 to Canada and
even more to Europe!
Then there's the guy on ebay with all the expansion bay CDRW's and LCD
screens, who doesn't ship outside the US.

As to forward shipping, I've had great luck with the US post office sending
stuff to Canada and Europe. Very cheap air mail rates, delivered in 3-4
days, insured up to $500. Though if you insure it you'll almost certainly
have to pay customs.

Anyway, thanks for the generous offer. There are some super people on this
list.

Chris H