Dear all,

I have been having problems with my cd/dvd rom drive (apologies if this is
sounding all too familiar..) When I got my Tibook (May 2001) the drive was
great- none of the mounting/alignment problems that plagued other early
machines. But recently the drive refused to mount any CDs. Using the
iso9660 key sequence worked briefly, but then the book stalled at startup,
a problem only rectified by disabling the apple cd/dvd driver. I got a new
driver file and after many reboots got the book to boot with the driver
loaded, but the drive still doesn't mount CDs on the dektop. It spins up
the disks and will eject them happily (using the emergency disk eject hole)
so the drive has power etc. Apple sytem profiler says there is a CD-rom
drive mounted, but is lacking any specific details, suggesting the problem
is in communications between the drive and the OS. Any ideas.. I have
considered the MCE combo drive upgrade, as an attractive alternative to a
machine with a dead drive, but wondered if there is anything I could do
further...

Thanks in advance,

Richard