William,
I'd be interested to know about Gen1 Ti owners' experiences with major
RAM upgrades as a speedup.

> From: William Benton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I have a Titanium Powerbook G4/400 that seems as slow as molasses. The
> applications are not to slow, but all actions in the Finder are.
> Launching Apps, Moving Items, whatever.......I spend an unreasonable
> time watching the spinning beach ball. I have 384 MB RAM, OS 10.2.1 and
> the stock hard drive. What are my options? I have considered a larger
> and faster hard drive - if that will help -how much will it help? I
> don't want to back up to OS 9.

I've read that with the max 1Gb RAM, you night have less disk accesses,
IF the Pbk keeps operations running from RAM instead of from disk.

I've seen some great RAM deals on web pages like DealRam or the other
dealmac, dealsontheweb price/shopper pages.

I'd like to know, like you, if this might be the best first step,
possibly followed by a faster HD.

Is state of the art in 2.5" HDs currently the 8 or 16Mb cache 5400rpm
HDs?

Hope to learn from readers' REAL experience too.
Ben in Sydney