on 20/09/02 23:37, w miller at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>   I'm trying to replace the keyboard on my Lombard and, as several on the
> list pointed out when I was changing hard drives, I have instructions for
> the wrong G3.
>   Does anybody know what all has to come out before the keyboard cables
> are disconnected? Or where I can find the correct instructions? Please
> answer privately on that.

AFAIR, once you pull out the keyboard and turn it upside down onto the
trackpad/clicker, you have an easy access to the cable. I don't remember if
the Lombard keyboard has restrains tabs to prevent you from pulling too hard
on the cable. My Walstreet had, but my Pismo doesn't. If you have those
plastic tabs, then you need to remove them before pulling the keyboard out.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

bytesexual /bi:t`sek'shu-*l/ adj.: [rare] Said of hardware, denotes
willingness to compute or pass data in either big-endian or little-endian
format (depending, presumably, on a mode bit somewhere). See also NUXI
problem.